What is a vaporizer?
A vaporizer (also known as an electronic cigarette, E-Cig, vapor cigarette, atomizer, cartomizer, vape pen, or E-Pen) is a device that generates vaporous forms of psychoactive substances and is often used for medicinal purposes.
A vaporizer heats medicinal and/or psychoactive substances to temperature levels at which they release their active components as an aromatic vapor. In this process, the substance is not scorched or burnt. Vaporizers are essentially smokeless cigarettes since they do not generate any smoke at all. Although vapor may at times appear to resemble smoke, it doesn’t contain any of the toxic particles (tar, benzene, toluene, naphthalene, etc.) which make smoking an extreme health hazard. Vaporizing is a cleaner, healthier, and more efficient alternative to smoking.
What is the difference between smoke and vapor?
Smoke contains many toxic gas particles and tars that are produced by the combustion of plant material.
How do vaporizers work?
A vaporizer directs electrically conducted heat through herbs, oils, or concentrates that are encased in ceramic so that the active herbal concentrates melt and create aromatic vapor.
Once a person becomes accustomed to smoking, vaporizing might not seem to be the most effective way to administer herbs or oils such as tobacco, wild dagga, blue lotus or damiana. Perhaps ordinary smokers may not feel the same burning sensation from inhaling vaporized fumes and they may assume that vaporizing will not have the same effect as smoking tobacco cigarettes. However, once tried it is virtually impossible to deny the cleanliness and efficiency of vaporizing as compared to smoking.
Some of the benefits that vaporizing has when compared to smoking:
1. No more smelly ashtrays, sticky pipe heads, clogged water pipes, or stained fingers and teeth.
2. No smoke in your room or building. Directly after exhaling, the aromatic vapor can be smelled by someone sitting nearby, but it doesn’t travel far, and doesn’t hang around for long. Second-hand vapor certainly won’t make anyone choke, cough or experience any of the other common side effects of second-hand smoke. The smell of vapor doesn’t get into clothing, car upholstery, or furniture.
3. Vaporizing is much more efficient than smoking. You need less dosage for an equally powerful effect.
4. Tar, toxic gasses, radioactive particles and numerous free radicals are all absent or significantly reduced, depending on the quality of the vaporizer.
5. Ease of dosage. Simply inhale until you’ve reached the desired level of relief. Vaporizing gives the effect that smoking gives, but it is more immediate and without the negative side effects of smoke.
6. Vaporizers are discreet. Since the smell they emit is very mild, their vapor doesn’t travel far. .
7. There is no fire involved. No more burn marks on clothes or car. Fire hazards are eliminated.
8. No more papers or wraps. Lighters are also obsolete. No more of the byproducts of burning butane and flint.
9. Ideal for smoking at work and in other closed environments. Compared to smoking, there is hardly any noticeable smell when vaporizing. There can be a slight scent.
10. Easy on the wallet. No longer do time and money have to be spent on buying packs of cigarettes since a few drops of oil or concentrate can be equivalent to a whole pack of cigarettes. A little bit goes a long way and is good for all day vaping.